Saturday 5 December 2009

5th of December

In primary school we had this picture book that we always brought out for Christmas. The book had all the typical Christmas words in it and also some short stories and legends, and I remember that we were quite eager to learn about Christmas and Christmas traditions in the UK. One of the stories I remember from this book is the legend about how the robin got its red breast, and up until this day I have thought that this story was originally from England. I was therefore quite surprised this morning when I realised the the story was written by the Swedish writer Selma Lagerlöf. Nevertheless, there are various versions of the story on the internet, and I still find the story to be very beautiful!


Picture from LucyLearns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment