Saturday 12 December 2009

12th of December

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know..." I guess I am not the only one hoping for a white Christmas. Honestly, I was in my twenties before I had a Christmas that was not bright white. I guess it is just one of the benefits of growing up in a part of Norway that is first and foremost known for its winter activities. As years have passed, I have realised that the green, or rather grey, Christmas is the usual, and that some snow will only come as an extra bonus some years. This weekend, however, the whole family have all gone to the mountains, to the skiing resort Beitostølen. Outside there is a lot of snow and we have been skiing and playing outdoors most of the day. It is a great place to get into the right Christmas mode, and I therefore want to share a picture taken today with all of those who still dream of a white Christmas whereever they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment