Monday 2 February 2009

Serendipity moment in the classroom


I just wanted to share one of my "serendipity moments" ( I am not quite sure this is a serendipity moment by definition, but I just love the expression) from the classroom this year. Since late August I have given my students time to read English novels at school. They have been free to chose whatever English novel they like, and my number one aim is for them to expand their vocabulary. As this picture illustrates, my students quite enjoy this reading time. Most of the boys occupy the floor in the back of the classroom, the girls like to curl up in the corners in front, and the teacher really enjoys the silence of the room for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog, and I want to thank you for writing it. I'll be back again and again. I especially appreciate this photo of your students. Oh, how I wish mine loved to read! I could use 30 minutes of blissful silence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ever to much! How I love feedback from California! Please leave me a note if you would like some kind of cooperation for our students!
    LK

    ReplyDelete